Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Meet Jasmine

My name is Jasmine.  I am a Jack Russell-Yorkie mix who was surrendered to the animal shelter when I was 10 weeks old.  Who would part with a sweetie like me?  I had 2 sisters and 1 brother who ended up at the shelter with me.  We were all adopted to good homes.  Here are some things you should know about me.  
     1.  I love to have my belly rubbed.  My family doesn't think I have a limit on the amount of time you have to rub me.  Once you start, I will keep nudging you to keep going until you get up and walk away.  I forgive you when you go because I understand that humans have no stamina or attention spans.
     2.  I like to meet new dogs.  Sometimes my sister gets in the way, but I want to be your friend, really I do.
     3.  I am unsure of new people so I usually bark when I first see you.  I never bite or get mean.  In fact, if you come over to say hello, I will stand behind my human and try to ignore you.  My New Year's resolution is to say hi to at least one new person every day.  I hope a lot of you have dogs so I can make friends with them too.
     4.  I have a very good memory.  Once I have met you or your dog, I will remember you next time I see you.
     5.  I love to eat.  
     6.  I love to chew and I can chew through anything once I get my mind on it.
     7.  Grandma is the best! 
     8.  I am content and independent.
     9.  I am the boss, don't believe my sister.
     10. I am called "The Tongue".  Warnings are delivered to watch out for the fastest tongue in the western hemisphere.  If you come, I will lick you quick and often.  
     11. I can jump very high.  However, I never try to jump over fences or gates.  I am content to be where I am supposed to be.
     12. I am the first one to meet new kids.  While I will jump and lick adults, I am gentle and would not do this to a young child.  
     13. I am the sweet one.

No comments:

Post a Comment